My editing style is
responsibly annoyingly unapologetically thorough. I was born in Louisiana, and manuscripts are my voodoo dolls. Don’t judge.
NEED READING RECOMMENDATIONS?
Jul. 2013 — Oct. 2013 | New Urban Mobilities As Intelligent Infrastructure
- Editing author contributions to a manuscript (in progress). Project editor: Dr. Thérèse Tierney, assistant professor of architecture and director of the URL: Urban Research Lab at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Jun. — Dec. 2012 | The Public Space of Social Media: Connected Cultures of the Network Society
FROM THE PUBLISHER: Social media is restructuring urban practices–through ad-hoc experimentation, commercial software development, and communities of participation. This book is the first to consider how practices contained within social media are situated within a larger genealogy of public space, including theories of communal identity, civitas and democracy, the fete, and self-expression. Through empirical research, the actual social practices of participants of networked publics are described and analyzed.
Documenting how online counterpublics use the Internet to transmit classified photos, mobilize activists, and challenge the status quo, Tierney argues that online activities do not stop in online conversations; they are physically grounded through mobile GPS coordinates which are then transformed into activities in physical space—the street, the plaza, the places where people have traditionally gathered to demonstrate and express their opinions publicly.
- Edited the manuscript authored by Dr. Thérèse Tierney, assistant professor of architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and published by Routledge
- Assisted with restructuring the manuscript and its arguments, editing for consistency, and infusing a bit of storytelling
Sept. — Nov. 2010 | Cairo: Histories of a City
FROM THE PUBLISHER: From its earliest days as a royal settlement fronting the pyramids of Giza to its current manifestation as the largest metropolis in Africa, Cairo has forever captured the urban pulse of the Middle East. In Cairo: Histories of a City, Nezar AlSayyad narrates the many Cairos that have existed throughout time, offering a panoramic view of the city’s history unmatched in temporal and geographic scope, through an in-depth examination of its architecture and urban form.
- Edited the manuscript authored by Nezar AlSayyad, professor of architecture and urban history at the University of California at Berkeley, and published by Harvard University Press
- Traveled to Cairo, Egypt, to conduct research for the book
- Co-authored and edited a follow-up (opinion) article for the Harvard University Press Blog regarding the fall of President Hosni Mubarak and subsequent rise of the Egyptian military following the Arab uprisings
Aug. — Oct. 2007 | NanoCity: A 21st Century Indian Metropolis
This moment in history is but a blink, and we are called to act on what we see. The world is witnessing unprecedented rates of urban development and economic growth. Due to the demands of globalization and the rise of the information society, people are uprooting themselves from rural environments and migrating to bustling cities in search for knowledge and opportunity. The rise in urbanization is contributing to increasing levels of consumption and waste, which will have severe environmental implications for generations to follow. The time to live in the know and think for the future is now. — Introduction to the publication, written by Tara Graham
- Collaborated with the Berkeley Group for Architecture and Planning (BgAP) to co-author and edit the publication used to promote NanoCity, a high-tech metropolis (similar to Silicon Valley) in northern India
- Reported on the global and local circumstances prompting the city’s founding by entrepreneur Sabeer Bhatia (of Hotmail fame), the stages of development, the design philosophy and overall vision for the project
- Best online lasix
- Cheap amoxil canada
- Who can buy propecia online
- Can i buy zithromax
- Buy generic viagra online
- Cialis 20mg price in usa
- Best place to buy kamagra online uk
- Diflucan online in canada
- Propecia pill cost
- Buy symbicort inhaler online